Important Senior Information
To receive Graduation Messages – See Mr. Bush to sign up for Remind or stop by the guidance office
Final Transcript Request Forms:
Before colleges officially accept seniors, they must receive a final transcript. High schools also need to know what each senior has planned for next year. We meet both these needs by having seniors complete a FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM. It is a survey for next year’s plans as well as a request to have a final transcript sent to the college you will attend. Graduation tickets will be withheld if forms are not turned in.
To complete the Final Transcript Request form go to https://forms.gle/
DUAL ENROLLMENT TRANSCRIPTS: If you took a dual enrollment class then you must request that your transcript be sent directly from the college awarding the credit to the college you will be attending in the fall.
To request a transcript from…..
Spartanburg Community College go to https://www.sccsc.edu/services/records/transcripts.php;
USC Union or USC Upstate go to http://registrar.sc.edu/html/transcripts/default.stm
Cap, Gown, and Diploma Cover:
In order to participate in graduation, seniors must have a cap and tassel, gown, and diploma cover. These are ordered through Jostens. The Jostens number is 574-3518. Seniors can also order online at www.jostens.com. Diploma covers are delivered to the school – You will receive one at graduation as you cross the stage. Nothing can be pinned to or written on your cap and gown. (You may have your college logo, military branch or monogrammed initials on the left side near your heart if you choose - Maximum size for the logo or monogram is 5 inches X 5 inches.
Honors Day will be Monday, May 16th at 9:00 am in the Fine Arts Auditorium. Seniors will assemble in the C Wing lobby by 8:30 am. All guests should be seated by 8:45 am. It should be over by 11:00 am. Seniors, please bring copies of all scholarships offered (even if you are not going to accept them) to Mrs. Polson in guidance. Only scholarships turned in will be listed in the Honors Day Program. The deadline is April 29th If a scholarship is not turned in to guidance by April 29th, it will not be acknowledged in the Honors Day booklet. There is no practice for Honors Day. Students should be dressed appropriately.
- Scholarships received after April 29th still need to be turned in to Mrs. Polson in Guidance so they can be added to the total count for the Class of 2022.
Senior Walks for all 9 elementary schools are Monday, May 16th at 1:00 pm. Wear your cap and tassel, gown, and cords. Yes, parents can attend and take pictures but may not be allowed in the building.
Senior Clearance Day:
Senior Clearance Day is Tuesday, May 17th at 1:00 pm in the Auxiliary Gym. Seniors must attend Senior Clearance Day to pick up their report cards, line-up numbers, graduation reminders as well as check for stop cards. Please make every effort to clear stop cards before graduation. The best solution is to check and clear any stop cards ahead of time. If no fees are owed, you will receive an express pass to avoid the long lines. Cafeteria fees should be paid to Mrs. Blalock in the cafeteria office. All other fees should be paid to Mrs. Wilson (office beside media center)
- Students need to park in the Wing A parking lot and enter through the athletic wing doors. If you come from any other direction you will be directed outside and around the building.
- You will not be allowed to walk through the building without permission.
Graduation is Thursday, May 19th. It will be held at 8:00 pm in the stadium weather permitting. Graduation practice is May 19th at 8:30 am in Cavalier Stadium. Practice is mandatory. Seniors will receive a senior packet at the end of practice that will contain their tickets for graduation. If graduation is outside, each graduate will receive 8 tickets. If graduation has to be moved inside, each graduate will receive 3 tickets for the Arena and 2 overflow tickets for the Fine Arts Auditorium. No tickets will be issued early under any circumstances.
- In order to participate in graduation, seniors must meet all requirements needed for a high school diploma or certificate.
- You will be walking long distances during the morning practice and evening ceremony. Comfortable shoes are highly recommended and proper attire is required.
- Overflow seating will be available in the Fine Arts Auditorium
- The ceremony will also be available via live streaming: https://livestream.com/spartanburg6/dhs2022
Other Important Dates for Seniors:
- April 26 - Job Fair from 11:00 – 2:00 in College and Career Center Lobby
- April 30 – Prom at the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium (Reminder – any non-DHS student must be approved. Pick up forms in the main office or C Wing.)
- May 2 – May 13 – AP EXAMS
- May 12 – 1st and 2nd period exams for seniors
- May 13 – 3rd and 4th period exams for seniors (Last day of school for all seniors)
- May 16 - Honors Day
- May 16 - Senior Walks at All D6 elementary schools - 1:00 pm
- May 17 - Senior Clearance Day 2:00 PM in the Auxiliary Gym
- May 19 – Graduation Practice (8:30 am) and Graduation Ceremony (8:00 pm)!!!!!
Late Awards Palmetto Fellows Scholarship:
In order to be eligible to apply for the Late Awards of the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship school seniors must meet one of the following criteria:
Score a minimum 1200 SAT or 27 ACT by the June test administration (in order to determine the highest combined score, the score on the SAT must be calculated by using the highest Math score combined with the highest ERW score); earn a cumulative 3.5 GPA on the Uniform Grading Scale at the end of the senior year; and rank in the top six percent at the end of the sophomore, junior or senior year.
Score a minimum 1400 SAT or 32 ACT by the June test administration (in order to determine the highest combined score, the score on the SAT must be calculated by using the highest Math score combined with the highest ERW score) and earn a cumulative 4.0 GPA on the Uniform Grading Scale at the end of the senior year.
If you think you qualify for the Late Awards of the Palmetto Fellows Scholarship and have NOT been contacted by Ms. Polson then please see Ms. Polson in Guidance IMMEDIATELY.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS June 30.
Last but not least…….Please continue to check out the guidance scholarship bulletins this spring.