Basic - Intermediate JROTC
LET 1 - 2
SFC (Ret) Mitchell D. Ames
0730-1600 Monday – Friday Room A110
[email protected] (school)
Refer to Class Schedule from Guidance Office
CREDIT: 1 unit.
AUDIENCE: Students Grade 10-12
- American History as seen through the eyes of leaders both past and present
- Basic understanding of the Legal and court systems
- Roles of Democracy in the United States
- Learn why the Constitution was created
- Understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle and diet
- Knowledge of First Aid for Emergency situations
- Creation of a Service Learning project
- Health and Wellness
- First Aid
- Drug Awareness
- Geography – Map Skills
- History and Government
- Leadership Study
- Service Learning
- One Subject Notebook that can be placed in three ring binder for portfolio
- 25 Document or Sheet Protectors
- Pen and Pencil
- Open Mind, Willingness to Learn, and Great Attitude
Weighted as follows: South Carolina Grade Scale
Uniform 25% 100-90 A
Physical Training 10% 89-80 B
Lab/Participation 15% 79-70 C
Test 10% 69-60 D
Homework 10% 59 & below F
This will be on a subject from the curriculum that will cover American Government and Leadership
FINAL EXAM: 10 Percent of your final grade
The final exam will be comprehensive. It will be administered during the planned exam time set by the Dorman High School schedule.
All make-up work will be made up within five days of the absence. All exams and quizzes can be made up on Monday or Wednesday before or after school.
CLASSROOM RULES OF CONDUCT
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Group study time is expected to be spent on task. It is not free time.
- No Profanity.
- Live the JROTC Creed.
- Follow ALL School Rules
CORRECTIVE TRAINING FOR NOT FOLLOWING CLASS RULES
- Verbal Warning
- Counseling put in JUMS
- Correction Paper
- Call Home
- Written Referral if warranted